segunda-feira, 4 de fevereiro de 2013

3 Days in Paradise

And here Paradise is synonym of rest and peace more than the idilic images we have about a place.
Seychelles was the destination of 3 days off, after giving up my plan to go to Zanzibar because of the visa. 
To be honest I had this destination in my dreams since I was a child and my father brought some postcards and a book of the island when he was there. The coconuts, the palm trees, the beaches, everything was kind of dream I always wanted to live, but until last year it seemed so far.

I wanted to rest, so a 4 hour distance destination with sun and beaches was a PERFECT destination.

Day 1
1 a.m. and 3 seats only for me, all I could ask then was a sunny landing... which I had.



After meeting the taxi driver, we drove by the beach until my "house" for 3 nights. I confess I was expecting a different kind of beaches, though he was telling me they were very nice. 
I think, traveling a lot and knowing so many different places, made me a demanding person or maybe those postcards my father bought, years ago, looked better... 
I stayed 100 mts away from the beach and almost in front of the famous restaurant at Anse Royale -"Kaz Kreol".
I had a nice welcoming and some flowers around the house!

Hibiscus
After unpacking, it was time for breakfast but at 8 a.m. all places where closed at Anse Royale. So I bought some stuff in the grocery and waited for a while till the only place with wi-fi in the area around was open - The Dolphin Hereux
Fruits, Natural passion fruit juice, coffee with milk and toasts with butter and jam. Everything was delicious and all I wanted after that was to jump into the water.



Anse Royale Beach
My day was spent in the beach until the clouds got over the area and the heavy tropical rain started at 4 p.m. So it was time to eat something and nothing better than trying some creole food at Kaz Kreol. Octopus curry was my choice and it was delicious. It was also nice to have company while having lunch by the beach... a small cat came and seated right next to me, a proof that we're never alone :)



After eating I went for a walk. 
There is not much to see in Anse Soleil, but still there's a police station, a post office, one university and churches.



I had a long day, so I went home with some grocery, watched a movie and rested for my second day.


Day 2
I was awake at 6.30 a.m. by a Madagascar Red Fody that every 5 minutes was pecking at my window. 
After spending almost a year in the desert, the nature is something I missed and it's almost a blessing being surrounded by trees, birds, reptiles, insects (I would avoid the last ones, though they seem to love me).
I had a good Breakfast and I went to the bus stop to catch the bus - direction Takamaka via Intendance
Karoline, the owner of the house I was staying, told me Intendance beach was really nice, so I decided to go. The sun was shining and the bus would take me there for 5 rupees (more or less 0,30 €). It's nice to know that we can travel the island paying less, because taxis are really expensive.


After 2 buses going to Takamaka with no stop at Intendance, I decided to take the next bus and walk my way to the beach.
While traveling by bus I could see some other beaches that looked nice, like Anse Forbans. I was not scared, but I felt some anxiety to leave the bus, because the road seemed so narrow for 2 ways driving. 
After 15 minutes and in a place looking like "middle of nowhere" the bus driver told me to leave. There was a signal saying "Intendance" but no sign of beach around.
I started walking but then I decided to go back and ask a man, who was oustide the police station, which was the way to the beach. He looked at me and said something as simple as this:

"Just walk"

And I did...


I actually like to walk, but I was feeling a bit weird in a place I don't know and where the only sound was "the nature sound"...  No cars, almost no houses, no beach in sight.
After a while another signal showing me I was in the right way (besides there was no other way). Then finally "beach" signs... and the wonderful Anse Intendance Beach... all for me :)



The beach was more close to my idea of Paradise beaches and plus there were some waves, which made it more fun.
I was the first person to lay down in the beach and I was alone for a while. Then a couple came and the people who were staying at the really amazing resort there - "Banyan Tree Resort". The Villas I saw were awesome! I wish I could stay there, even if only for one night. Well, but what matters was that I could enjoy the beach as much as all the residents!

I was swimming for a long time then I stop a while to read, then swimming again...
This is what I call "Good Life!!"


The only "issue" in the area is that there is no place to eat, except in the resort. I had some water and a cereal bar with me, that was more than enough.
At around 12 p.m. the clouds came and the rain started to fall.
I think, this is the only situation I don't mind the rain, cause the weather was hot and it's nice to swim in the rain. 
That was also the time I was talking to a Seychelles boy who works in the resort and that gently offered to be my guide any other time and after that to a German gentleman who was staying in the resort. Summer rain is always a good time to make new friends.
At 1.15 p.m. I started to walk my way back to catch the bus that stops at Intendance at 2 p.m.



Of course while I was waiting I went to the only shop in the neighborhood and bought some souvenirs for me.
Then I went back to Anse Royale enjoying the nice views.
As I wanted to eat something I stopped for a while at The Dolphin Hereux and ordered a seafood crepe. I really enjoyed it, so tasty! In the meantime I started to write some postcards.


It was early, so I went to the beach again.


After that, another movie and bedtime for the last day.


Day 3
I woke up again with my Madagascar friend! No sun, only clouds, so I decided to stay around for my last day in Seychelles. 
I had my breakfast and then I went to my wi-fi hotspot. While I was there the taxi driver from the first day saw me and stopped to talk. He was going to Four Seasons to pick up some clients and after I told him my plan to stay at Anse Royale he offered to take me to Anse Soleil, so I could check another beach. He guaranteed me that on the other side of the island the sun was shining and so I went.
Our way there by car was quite an adventure, up and down the hills... the most interesting was that to come back and catch the bus later, I had to do that, walking!! 
When we reached there at 8.30 a.m., the beach was once again only for me.


Really nice day by the beach and it was so hot I had to stay in the shadow after 11.30 a.m.
Every time I looked to the sky, I was sure the taxi driver took me to the right place, because in the north and on the east side of the island the clouds were heavy and it rained, so I was kind of lucky that he took me there.
I had lunch by the beach with a wonderful view and at 2.30 p.m I started my long walk...


Up and down the hills.



how far the beach was...
Also time for some shopping before catching the bus.
This time, in the bus, I paid attention to the notice. It was quite funny to read it was prohibited to "Make disturbance with loud music and speak loudly on the bus". Well I could think of some occasions I would really love to read this as a rule.


When I reached Anse Royale the rain has stopped, so I went to the beach again, just to swim. When I sat in my towel, a guy came and sat talking for a while. He was telling me how is life in Seychelles and some nice stories about Arabic people in Seychelles. Well... and this is it!!
I spent a lovely time in a relaxing Paradise, called Seychelles.
Next day at 5 a.m. the taxi driver came to pick me up. I was still having breakfast so he joined me.
Luckily, the aircraft was not full, so the lady gave me another 3 seats and I could start my rest to the next destination after Doha: São Paulo.




Sem comentários: